Monday, October 22, 2012

Live to Give


On one afternoon when I got home from work to ride a motorcycle, I presented a very interesting little drama, a little boy aged approximately ten years with very sigapnya overtaking vehicle density sidelines disebuah red light intersection in Jakarta.
With a package that pretty much diayunkannya light blue bicycle, while distributing the package, he was greeted familiarly every person, from the Artisan newspapers, street sweeper, Tuna house till police.



This scene made me interested, my mind immediately drifted to imagine what the little boy was given a package, is he selling? "If he's selling what may be a homeless into permanent subscription or ...?, To kill my curiosity, I had followed the little boy until disebrang way, then I directly addressed the child for whom I am talking. De, "sister should ask"? please kak, I might just know a sister share ketukang newspaper, sweepers, beggars and even the police officer, then what?, oh ... it's a little bundle of rice and side dishes kak, kak so what!, with little surprise, as he asked in return . Oh .. no! , Brother Just interested in how you distribute the package, it appears you have used and are quite familiar with them. What you've been familiar with them?

Then, this little sister began, "First! me and my mother as they were just a homeless ", every working day a lot of people just expect mercy, and like a big brother to know life in Jakarta is so difficult, until we often do not eat, the time of day we were hot and cold at night we added more during the rainy season we often rain, when we remember the past, we were very, very sad, but after my mother opened the shop rice, our family life began to improve.

That is why my mother always reminded me that there are still many people who hard as we used to, so that today we were fortune enough, why we can not share them.

That my mother always said "life should mean a lot of people", because when we get back to our Creator that we bring nothing, just one that we carry the love of neighbor as well as charity and good deeds we are, if we can practice today a good thing for many people, why should we delay.

Because according to her human life is too short, today we have it all, but an hour later or tomorrow we called the Creator, "What do we bring?". These words pierced little sister is my heart, at that moment I feel to be useless, even I felt nothing more than a piece of junk that is not any good, compared to little sister.

I feel that as long as this great people with higher education and position, but for something like this, I feel more stupid than this little boy, I was embarrassed and ashamed. Well .. Lord, forgive me, it was wealth, greatness and position do not take me to Thee
Thank you little brother, you are my angel that brought me from my deep sleep.

"Life would be meaningless if we want to share something for others and not just focus to please ourselves"

No comments:

Post a Comment