Monday, October 22, 2012

Time


As usual Alex, branch manager at a leading private company in Jakarta, arrived at his home at 9 pm. Not as usual, Jack, his first son was only in second grade who opened the door. He seems to have waited long enough.



"Why, do not sleep?" Says Alex, kissing her.

Normally, he was already asleep when he came home and just be awake when he left for work the morning.

As he followed his father into the living room, Jack replied, "I'm waiting for my father to go home. Because I want to ask how much is the salary Daddy? "

"Dad salary why ask? Want to ask for money again, huh? "

"Ah, no. curious wrote. "

"Okay. You should count yourself. Every day I work about 10 hours and is paid Rp 400,000, -. And every month an average of 25 working days counted, so my father in one month salary how much, behold? "

Jack ran to get paper and a pencil from a desk, while his father took off his shoes and turned on the television. When Alex went to my room to change clothes, Jack ran to follow.

"Then one day my father paid Rp 400,000, - for 10 hours, then an hour's father paid Rp 40,000, - dong," he said.

"Well, you're clever. Already, now wash your feet, sleep, "Alex command.

But Jack did not move.

While watching him change his clothes, Jack asked, "Dad, can I borrow money to Rp 5,000, - what?"

"I, do not have more variety. Why ask for money this time of night? Dad was tired. And take a shower first. Go to sleep. "

"But, Dad ..." Patience Alex exhausted.

"My father told me to sleep!" Barked surprise Jack.

The little boy was turned toward her. After the shower, Alex seems to regret hardikannya, He looked Jack in his bedroom. Beloved child was not yet asleep. Jack was acquired sobbing softly into a Rp 15,000, - in his hand.

As I lay down and stroked the little boy's head, she said, "I'm sorry, son. Dear Dad with Jack. Why the hell asked for money this time of night? If you want to buy toys, tomorrow is it can. Instead of Rp 5,000, - more than that of any father love. "

"Dad, I do not ask for money. I borrowed. I'll return when it's saving more than spending money for the week. "

"Yes, yes, but for what?" She asked softly.

"I waited for my father at 8. I want to invite my father to play snakes and ladders. Thirty minutes. My mother often told me that my time is very valuable. So, I want to buy a father. I opened my savings, there is Rp 15.000, -. But because my father told me an hour's father paid Rp 40.000, -, then half an hour should be Rp 20.000, -. Money savings less Rp 5.000, -. So I want to borrow from my father, "Jack said innocently.

Alex was silent. He was lost for words. The little boy hugged tightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment